Kim Shin Lane/ Fuk Wa Street Development Project (SSP-017)
- Nos. 1 to 44 Kim Shin Lane, Nos. 535 to 573 Fuk Wing Street (odd numbers), Nos. 544 to 588 Fuk Wa Street (even numbers), Nos. 473 to 475A Castle Peak Road (odd numbers)
- About 7,377sq.m.
- Affected buildings
- About 90 street nos. of buildings
- Affected population
- About 3,149
- Affected property interests
- About 836 interests
- Affected households
- About 1,497 households
Project Development Information
|Total GFA||About 55,500sq.m.|
|Commercial GFA||About 9,250sq.m.|
|Residential GFA||About 46,250sq.m.|
Project commencement was gazetted on 24 September 2021.
The Secretary for Development (SDEV) has considered the project and the related information and authorized the URA to proceed with the project without any amendment on 13 June 2022. The SDEV’s decision was first published in the Gazette on 24 June 2022.
Appeal Board received an appeal application after the gazettal of SDEV decision. The decision of the Appeal Board was published in the gazette on 24 February 2023. The Appeal Board confirmed the decision of SDEV to authorize URA to proceed with the project. The URA will issue acquisition offers to owners to acquire the affected property interests. After acquiring the properties concerned, the URA will also offer the ex-gratia allowance or rehousing arrangement to eligible domestic tenants.
Project commenced in September 2021.
Targeted completion by 2031.
Under a “planning-led” approach in urban renewal works in recent years, URA has identified the area in the vicinity of the Project as Sham Shui Po Action Area 1 (SSP-AA1). The Project, together with the adjacent Cheung Wah Street/ Cheung Sha Wan Road Development Scheme (SSP-018) have been identified for redevelopment to formulate a comprehensive land-use restructuring and enhanced connectivity to create more planning gains and synergy at the district level.
The key planning proposals of the Project includes:
- Provision of a footbridge connection to SSP-018 to facilitate safe and direct pedestrian linkages with the wider neighbourhood adjoining the Project;
- Provision of 750sq.m. of open space fronting Cheung Wah Street to integrate with the adjacent open space network;
- Redevelopment of the existing dilapidating buildings into modern residential development with podium commercial/retail development.