Cheung Wah Street / Cheung Sha Wan Road Development Scheme (SSP-018)
- Site A - Cheung Sha Wan Sports Centre and its adjoining garden; Site B - Cheung Sha Wan Path Sitting-out Area, part of Sham Shui Po Sports Ground and a temporary maintenance depot
- About 19,054 sq.m (Site A about 5,197 sq.m. and Site B about 13,857 sq.m.)
- Affected population
- 0 person
- Affected property interests
- 1 interest
- Affected households
- 0 household
Project Development Information
|Total GFA||About 83,068 sq.m.|
|Residential GFA||About 38,978 sq.m. (Only at Site A)|
|Non-Domestic GFA||About 44,090 sq.m. (not less than 38,000 sq.m. non-domestic GFA for G/IC uses)|
The Government Gazette for the commencement of the Development Scheme (“the Project”) was first published on 24 September 2021 and a freezing survey was conducted in the project area on the same day.
According to section 25 of URAO, the URA submitted the draft Development Scheme Plan (“DSP”) of the Project to Town Planning Board (“TPB”) for consideration on 24 September 2021.
On 28 January 2022, the TPB has published the draft DSP under section 5 of Town Planning Ordinance for public inspection at the venues specified in the Government Gazette. The draft DSP was available for public inspection for a period of two months from 28 January 2022 to 28 March 2022. Any person can make representation in writing to the TPB no later than 28 March 2022.
The TPB hearing of representations and comments was conducted on 16 September 2022. After processing the public representations and deliberations, the TPB will submit the draft DSP for Chief Executive in Council's approval.
Project commenced in September 2021.
Targeted completion by 2028-2033.
The Project aims to re-plan and rationalize the land uses of the area through redevelopment to achieve more planning gains for the community.
The proposed development of the Project includes:
- The existing Cheung Sha Wan Sports Centre at Site A will be relocated to Site B and upgraded to present-day standard. Site B of the Scheme will be redeveloped to provide more Government, institution and community (GIC) facilities and an integrated public open space (POS) to create more planning gains for a wider district.
- Not less than 38,000 sq.m. non-domestic GFA is proposed for GIC uses at Sites A and B. The development potential of Site A will be optimized after redevelopment mainly for residential use to provide flat supply of about 830 flats. The proposed redevelopments at both Sites A and B are in line with the promotion of the Government’s policy on “Single Site, Multiple Uses”.
- Footbridges across Cheung Sha Wan Road and Cheung Wah Street are proposed to connect the open space and GIC facilities in two URA projects (SSP-017 and SSP-018), which will enhance the connectivity of a wider area of Sham Shui Po.
- Under an integrated urban renewal approach, the Scheme will also provide various opportunities for feasible revitalisation initiatives outside the Scheme area. With the provision of underground public vehicle park at Site A, opportunities for the replacement of some on-street parking spaces in the area will be created to make way for possible pavement widening at strategic locations. The separate revitalization initiatives will strengthen the accessibility of Cheung Wah Street to enhance the connectivity between the medium aged building cluster further north and the future leisure and community hub in the south. For Site B, there is a possible integration of the new POS with the existing Sham Shui Po Sports Ground in the south subject to further co-ordination with Leisure and Cultural Services Department on the associated revitalisation work separately, upon approval of the DSP and subject to further coordination and acceptancy of relevant Government departments.