Non-Executive Directors (non-official)
Mrs Sylvia Lam Yu Ka-wai, SBS
Born and educated in Hong Kong, Mrs Lam graduated from the Faculty of Architecture in the University of Hong Kong before joining the Government in 1986. She is an architect by profession and is a Fellow Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Architects.
She was the Director of Architectural Services when she retired in December 2020. During her tenure as the Director, she has led the Department to obtain various prestigious awards such as the Quality Excellence Award of the Quality Building Award 2020 for the Hong Kong Children Hospital, the Gold Award for Excellence in Training and Development 2018 of the Hong Kong Management Association, Top Winner of the MIKE (Most Innovative Knowledge Enterprise) Award 2019.
Mrs Lam received the Silver Bauhinia Star Award in 2021. She was commended for her remarkable contribution to providing excellent service in the design, planning, construction, maintenance and development of public buildings, in particular, the adoption of innovative technologies to enhance construction productivity and operational efficiency, including the use of the Modular Integrated Construction (MiC) technology.
After retirement, Mrs Lam continues to link up with the professional circle, the construction industry and the community in other capacities, including as Honorary Architect of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Expert Panel Member of the BEAM Society and Manager of the Incorporated Management Committee of her Alma Mater, the Maryknoll Convent School.
Term of Office: 1/5/2022 - 30/4/2025
Notes for Members of the Public Viewing the Register of Interests
Declared by Members of the Board of Urban Renewal Authority (URA)
- The register of interests declared by Members of the URA Board is made publicly accessible in line with requirements in the Urban Renewal Strategy concerning public accountability and transparency.
- The information in the declaration form is provided by a Member of the URA Board for the purpose of disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements in Section 7 of the URA Ordinance. Usage of such information must be confined to such purpose.
- The information in the form must not be used in a manner adversely affecting any rights of the URA and its Board Members.
- The personal data in the form must not be used for direct marketing activities and/or dissemination or circulation of publicity or advertising materials. The data must not be for sale, or exchange for any benefit, or any other commercial purposes.
- By clicking the “Accept” button below, you unconditionally agree to the terms in paragraphs 2 to 4 above.