Ir Wai Chi Sing, GBS, JP, FHKEng
Ir Wai Chi Sing has been appointed the Managing Director of the Urban Renewal Authority since 15 June 2016. By virtue of holding that office, he is also the Deputy Chairman of the Board. He has also been appointed a Director of the Board of Urban Renewal Fund since 13 July 2016 and the Chairman of the Independent Monitoring Panel of the MTR Corporation Limited since 23 December 2022 to oversee the comprehensive review on asset management and maintenance regime.
Ir Wai is an engineer by profession. He joined the Hong Kong Government in August 1980, and has since served in the Transport Department, the Highways Department, and the former Environment, Transport and Works Bureau. He was the Director of Highways from November 2006 to June 2010 and was Permanent Secretary for Development (Works) from June 2010 to April 2015 before retirement.
Ir Wai holds a master's degree in transportation engineering from Purdue University in the United States. He has professional experience in civil, structural and geotechnical engineering and is a fellow of the Hong Kong Academy of Engineering Sciences.
Term of Office: 15/6/2016 - 14/6/2025
Notes for Members of the Public Viewing the Register of Interests
Declared by Members of the Board of Urban Renewal Authority (URA)
- The register of interests declared by Members of the URA Board is made publicly accessible in line with requirements in the Urban Renewal Strategy concerning public accountability and transparency.
- The information in the declaration form is provided by a Member of the URA Board for the purpose of disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements in Section 7 of the URA Ordinance. Usage of such information must be confined to such purpose.
- The information in the form must not be used in a manner adversely affecting any rights of the URA and its Board Members.
- The personal data in the form must not be used for direct marketing activities and/or dissemination or circulation of publicity or advertising materials. The data must not be for sale, or exchange for any benefit, or any other commercial purposes.
- By clicking the “Accept” button below, you unconditionally agree to the terms in paragraphs 2 to 4 above.