Non-Executive Directors (non-official)
Mr Michael Wong Yick-kam, MH, JP
Mr Michael Wong obtained his Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Business Administration degrees from the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He served as an Executive Director of Sun Hung Kai Properties Group prior to his retirement in December 2009, and thereafter as a Non-Executive Director and also as Group Principal Advisor until December 2013. He resigned as a Non-Executive Director in November 2015.
In community service, Mr Wong was the Chairman of the Hong Kong Youth Hostels Association and participated in the revitalisation programme of Mei Ho House in Shek Kip Mei. He is now a member of the Executive Committee of the Association. In addition, he has served on a number of Government advisory committees. Currently, Mr Wong is a member of the Board of Trustees of New Asia College, the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Chairman of the Council of the Open University of Hong Kong and a Non-Executive Director of the Securities and Futures Commission.
Term of Office: 1/12/2016 – 30/4/2022
Notes for Members of the Public Viewing the Register of Interests
Declared by Members of the Board of Urban Renewal Authority (URA)
- The register of interests declared by Members of the URA Board is made publicly accessible in line with requirements in the Urban Renewal Strategy concerning public accountability and transparency.
- The information in the declaration form is provided by a Member of the URA Board for the purpose of disclosure of interests in accordance with the requirements in Section 7 of the URA Ordinance. Usage of such information must be confined to such purpose.
- The information in the form must not be used in a manner adversely affecting any rights of the URA and its Board Members.
- The personal data in the form must not be used for direct marketing activities and/or dissemination or circulation of publicity or advertising materials. The data must not be for sale, or exchange for any benefit, or any other commercial purposes.
- By clicking the “Accept” button below, you unconditionally agree to the terms in paragraphs 2 to 4 above.